• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Couldn't walk away

highping

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
but probably should have. :D

Picked up a pair of Sansui PM-C200's today from the GW, $29.99 for the pair.
They're big: 29.5" tall, 17.5" wide, & 11.5" deep

Max input power 320 Watts.....yeh right, I doubt it. :)

Best described as a "fill the room" sound. Clear distinct highs and mids with smooth bass (not punchy).
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Just got done listening to Kate Bush / Hounds Of Love CD. These speakers have a nice clean sound to them.
I can't wait for the wife to go somewhere so I can see how much they "crank". :D
 
OK, I take back what I originally said about wishing I had left these behind. I was shocked to find out that these speakers were sold in 1970! <Thanks goes to the AKdatabase.:thmbsp:
Hell, I thought they were from the nineties, and I was feeling guilty for not buying "vintage" goods. :D
 
Last edited:
They look like they are from the mid 80's.There is a set of separates(if you want to call them that) at the thrift that look like they are from the same line.The green Sansui badge is what tells me that.I could be wrong but I have never seen a set of speakers from 1970 that look like that.
 
They look like they are from the mid 80's.There is a set of separates(if you want to call them that) at the thrift that look like they are from the same line.The green Sansui badge is what tells me that.I could be wrong but I have never seen a set of speakers from 1970 that look like that.

Oh OK, they probably just recycled the model number. :)

I went out to the garage to look at the SP-6300's I"ve got, and they looked more "vintage". They were made from 79-84. :scratch2:

I'll have to do some more web searches to get the low down on these. :)
 
Well, so far the only additional information I've found is the years of production, 1984-1986. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom