• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CR-2020, not sure I'd call it a score per se..

BrianR

Randomly Variable Anomaly
..but this thing is awesome! The Cragslist ad said it was one of the nicest you'll find. Sounds encouraging so I call the guy. He said even though he's telling me this thing is perfect, I'll still be surprised. So I show up at his place, and he told no lies, it is perfect. He had it hooked up to some mid-sized Inifnity RS speakers and I jacked in my ipod for a quick listen. Sounds perfect.

This guy bought it new in the mid-70s, used it very little and had it serviced a couple years ago. He still had the box, the owners manual in perfect condition, the warrantee card and the brochure from the dealer he bought it from. It's even still got the "reserved for Yamaha blah blah" plug in the headphone jacks.

There's just the faintest amount of soil around the edges of some of the knobs and a tiny amount of dust in some inconspicuous spots. All the lights work and none of the switches are noisy. Well, apart from that beautiful click as they snap from one position to the next.

A Yamaha receiver in its natural environment, a Naguchi table? I just took these in the lobby of the office where I work.
CR_2020_07.jpg


CR_2020_01.jpg


CR_2020_02.jpg


CR_2020_03.jpg


CR_2020_04.jpg


CR_2020_05.jpg


CR_2020_06.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
WOW!:tresbon:

freekin B- utiful!!

great photography too!

Congrats and enjoy!:thmbsp:
 
man that thing is beee-utiful.
on top of being one of the most desirable vintage receivers ever.
yes, it's well worth whatever you paid :thmbsp:
 
Thanks guys!

I was worried that the (miniscule) crud on the controls was corrosion, but a little Windex on a microfiber makes quick work of it. I'll use something milder on the rest of it, but this won't hurt anodized aluminum. Once that's cleaned it'll practically be a museum piece.
 
I normally don't care for how the Yamaha's look, but that one has "CONCOUR's" written all over it. Looks like the guy took it out of the box, stared at it for a few and re-boxed it. DAMN! I wish one of my FISHER's, Pioneer's or Sansui's looked that good. Great SCORE!!!!!

Larry
 
I don't post in S. State much but I just want to say that is beautiful. Take good care of it.:thmbsp:
 
That is truly one sweet piece of vintage solid state.

The Yammies have a timeless design, enough to look at yet never overdone.

I have a CR-440 (I know it's not in the same league) and I love the look of it with the brushed steel and wood contrasting each other.

So, how does it sound?

Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom