• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Crawling back to my Fisher roots.

Ken Boyd

Super Member
Subscriber
Helllo everyone, my first tube amp was my Fisher KX100 that I purchased off a member here in Barter Town and a number of members here in this Fisher forum helped me with getting it recapped. I still have that unit, though I haven't used it in a number of years I still relish owning it. I have continued to buy a number of amps and preamps from other makers and some Fishers as well but I have yet to go thru the other Fishers that I have picked up. I think that is about to change as I want to restore a number of them in the up coming months. Of those are two X202b's, a 400 receiver, and a pair of 200A's which will be arriving this week.

I hope I won't be to much of a burden and while here who knows I might be able to help someone although I do have limits. :)
 
Register to hide this ad
Fisher sure made a crazy number of different models and types of gear.

(About that Fisher KX100 that hasn't been used in a number of years. I thought it was recommended practice to power up working tube gear every six months or so to keep the electrolytics formed?)
 
I have been under the hood of a few Fishers. The ones in bold are still around, X-101B KX90 FM100 FM200 FM200C Allegro A-19 Console ... 500C tube and IIRC TX100 500T solid state that all were recapped, freshened up servicing preformed.
Guess I must like them some.......

Fun times ahead just in time for a winter project for you.


​

 
Fisher sure made a crazy number of different models and types of gear.

(About that Fisher KX100 that hasn't been used in a number of years. I thought it was recommended practice to power up working tube gear every six months or so to keep the electrolytics formed?)
Actually being my first go around I didn't change out the electrolytics, and the amp worked great and sounded wonderful, but as I have learned those were important and not to long ago I ordered all new can caps from Hayseed so I should add that to the list. Plus I need to add the efb that will make it a better unit as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom