• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Croft Acoustics Gear?

ictwoody

I like vintage gear — my preamp is from 2007.
Hey guys,

I just made a post in the Modern forum about trying to plan a direction for my system. One of the things I'm seriously considering is possibly a Croft Phono Integrated amp (or perhaps a Micro 25 preamp and later on the Series 7 amp).

Does anyone here have any experience with these components? The Stereophile reviews are very positive and seem to echo what I've read elsewhere on the web. Harbeth owners, who seem to value musicality a lot, really seem to like Glenn Croft's offerings.

They aren't the prettiest pieces of kit... but that doesn't really phase me.

So, anyone own any Croft kit?

- Woody
 
Register to hide this ad
I am very happy with my Croft PreAmp. Mr. Croft personally answers emails regarding questions and concerns. His designs are very simple and straightforward. The only complaint I saw was some people do not like the two volume controls (left and right) however once set up, I have not found that to be a problem.

Tube rolling allows you to tune it to your taste.

Take care,

Rob
 
I think the Croft gear is fantastic, and the integrated a good buy if it meets the needs power-wise etc. I have listened to the integrated using Harbeth Compact 7's and Stirling Broadcast's LS3/6 in a medium sized room. I enjoyed it very much.

I could see that not having remote control could be an issue for some folks, and some also as mentioned, do not like the dual volume pots, but to me this product isn't aiming to be a "be-all" for everyone as it cuts out all the extra stuff that doesn't necessarily contribute to the sound of the product. Someone that just enjoys a very simple, well-built piece of gear, and can also do a little tube rolling-or not, is a good thing.

If I were starting over, or adding a system, the Croft amps would be one of my top choices. Partner it well with some good speakers and source, and it will deliver the goods. Tim
 
I've been giving serious thought to purchasing the Croft Phono Integrated to use with my Klipsch Corwalls but I've been a little nervous about the combo. -John
 
I've been giving serious thought to purchasing the Croft Phono Integrated to use with my Klipsch Corwalls but I've been a little nervous about the combo. -John


That's what I've been considering. Im only 1.5hrs from Acoustic Sounds in Salina KS and I've been considering an audition. Just haven't made time to go up there yet.

- Woody
 
Just wanted to bump this thread and see if there's anyone else using croft gear. I've got a Phono Integrated coming in to demo and I'm not sure quite what to expect.
 
Just wanted to bump this thread and see if there's anyone else using croft gear. I've got a Phono Integrated coming in to demo and I'm not sure quite what to expect.

Looking forward to your comments on this amp.
 
I've had the Croft Phono Integrated for a few weeks, just for fun and out of curiosity.
Very nice sounding amp and good phonostage, but in the end I decided to keep my LFD LE mk3.1 with phonostage.

But please be aware that the signal in/out is polarity reversed! (according to Glenn)
So both left and right LS connectors should be connected in reverse...

In my setup it was a clear sound difference for the best. Good luck
 
Is that true for the integrated? I thought for sure with the separates due to the gain stages, I cannot recall. Might have to look more at that. It may not matter, some seem to be sensitive to it and others not so much. Either way, can try it both ways, hurts nothing!

I know there was some discussion of this over in the Art of Sound forum, as there are quite a few Croft fans on that forum, just cannot recall the outcome etc. Well worth reading some thoughts on the gear, but in the end, it up to ones own ears and system.
 
The shop that I bought my Chordette Qute EX from had one connected to a Croft Micro25 and Series7 amp for demo.

It was quite a musical system and I plan on trying an "R" combo in my listening space fairly soon and hope it will prove as satisfying as the demo I experienced.
 
Keep us posted on that, I have not heard an "R" version so do not know what it brings to the table overall compared to the standard units. I have read a bit on them, but that is about it. I love the simplicity of the Croft and obviously the sound for the money as well.
 
Well, just a little update regarding the demo amp I was supposed to be receiving. I was told on Monday that the distributor who usually has these in stock didn't have one to ship out to me and is awaiting a new batch. I'm still waiting on an updated ETA and hope to get an answer soon. The longer I wait the more I want this amp. Hahaha! I sure hope it's as great as everyone says.
 
Back
Top Bottom