cool9
Super Member
I have a Yamaha Integrated Amp 100W and JBL L110. I've had lots of speakers but I like the L110 because they are very realistic except they don't have well-defined mid-bass. (My PC Logitech 2.1 speakers has a 400W 8" sub with great well-defined bass, believe it or not.)
So people in some forums suggested I add a sub and recommended Monoprice 12" 400W sub. I bought one and connected it to the Yamaha Main Speaker terminals and then fooled around with the built-in crossover and volume and was really disappointed - I couldn't get decent bass at all, it sounded horrible and very muddy.
So guys in other forums suggested I look into new speakers and told me L110 are lousy. I can't afford decent new speakers (I'm on disability and in-debt).
Would adding a dedicated crossover to my amp and sub improve the sound of the subwoofer? If so, should I stay away from the very inexpensive crossovers?: I saw some pretty cheap crossovers like Lanzar, Pyle and Hifonics with good reviews.
So people in some forums suggested I add a sub and recommended Monoprice 12" 400W sub. I bought one and connected it to the Yamaha Main Speaker terminals and then fooled around with the built-in crossover and volume and was really disappointed - I couldn't get decent bass at all, it sounded horrible and very muddy.
So guys in other forums suggested I look into new speakers and told me L110 are lousy. I can't afford decent new speakers (I'm on disability and in-debt).
Would adding a dedicated crossover to my amp and sub improve the sound of the subwoofer? If so, should I stay away from the very inexpensive crossovers?: I saw some pretty cheap crossovers like Lanzar, Pyle and Hifonics with good reviews.