• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CS-1204W

kiwi_johno

New Member
Hi everyone,
I've been offered some speakers with no brand name on them, only markings are model CS-1204W. Wondering if these might be part of the Pioneer CS range. Anyone seen these before?
I haven't heard them yet, want to see if I can find out what they are before making the trip.
Cheers.
ad_1477562842347.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
They don't look like any Pioneers I've ever seen. Add in the generic woofers and the unnecessary 4-way configuration, and it points to something that probably isn't very exciting. But you never know, you might be in for a surprise.
 
Yeah that's why I'm wondering if anyone's seen them before, they might just surprise.
If I get time I'll go for a listen, spare time is hard to find right now though.
 
Actually, I now note that there are four unused holes around the woofer, which would suggest that a woofer similar to that of the CS-V70 was previously mounted. Also, the piece of trim at the bottom make me think that these were originally part of a rack system, so I'm going to go with my original thought that these probably aren't that good (especially since they're missing the original woofers).
 
Back
Top Bottom