• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ct-f750

SX1050AU717

bryantd
picked this up this deck on sunday and it needs all the belts replaced.this unit looks very hard to work on. have any of you done this before and are
there any things to look out for? who has the best deal on the replacement belts? i have changed the belts on my sansui sc-2110 but this looks much more involved. any help would be appreciated.

bryan
 
Register to hide this ad
I got the belt kits for my CT-F850 and 900 from vintage electronics. I'm not saying they're the best or cheapest, not endorsing them, but I didn't have any trouble with them. I downloaded a service manual from someplace I can't remember and armed with Rich's (Pustelniakr) excellent rebuilding tutorial, I went in.

Once you get in there and see how everything works, I found it wasn't that difficult and ended up doing a 100% clean and restore on the entire transport, including motor refurbishing. Both decks work great now.

I would say the only pitfall to watch out for is that you don't lose the tiny steel ball bearings that the head block plate slides up and down on.

Good luck!
 
It's probably gonna be a whole lot different than an 850 or 950, since the CT-F750 is a a single motor auto-reverse deck. This will likely mean more belts and pulleys.

Great deck though, use it with your DT-510 matching timer to record radio programs when you're out.
 
I can't recall my CT-F750 being that difficult to change out the belts. I also get my belts through Bob at Vintage Electronics.

Take your time - document disassembly if necessary and keep us posted if you run into any problems. I'm not the most mechanically inclined, but I did manage to get my deck going without any hiccups, so you shouldn't have any problems with the great help here. Good luck!
 
I found the vintage electronics site and will be ordering the belt kit wed.
the original belts have turned into a sticky mess.this deck is is in very nice shape and all lights are working.best of all i only gave 7.00 dollars for it.

thanks bryan
 
...and armed with Rich's (Pustelniakr) excellent rebuilding tutorial, I went in.

Once you get in there and see how everything works, I found it wasn't that difficult and ended up doing a 100% clean and restore on the entire transport, including motor refurbishing. Both decks work great now.

I would say the only pitfall to watch out for is that you don't lose the tiny steel ball bearings that the head block plate slides up and down on.

Good luck!

Where is that tutorial?
Thanks
 
I can never remember exactly where his tutorial is, I just do an advanced search of Rich's posts using keyword "restoration".
 
Cheap belts

I've found a cheap way to order belts.

Look up your deck on turntableneedles.com Just enter your model number in the search box. This should take you to a page that lists the belts. Click on each belt to learn the size of the belt.

Go to mcmelectronics.com and find the corresponding size belts.

In my experience this has been a savings of $10-17 over ordering a kit.

The CT-F750 is supposed to be one of the easiest for replacing belts.
 
I've found a cheap way to order belts.

Look up your deck on turntableneedles.com Just enter your model number in the search box. This should take you to a page that lists the belts. Click on each belt to learn the size of the belt.

Go to mcmelectronics.com and find the corresponding size belts.

In my experience this has been a savings of $10-17 over ordering a kit.

The CT-F750 is supposed to be one of the easiest for replacing belts.


Interesting alternative.....gonna have to try that one day if I ever buy any more decks.:scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom