• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

current projects at Sounds by Design

OK.. so had to take off these past 2 weeks due to some family health issues.. but FINALLY.. I get to work :green:

So, what you see here is them being on the 5 yard line and almost to the point of filling/smoothing in preparation for painting.. As you can see.. fiberglass has been added to make all the transitions better and smoother. Also the side inserts that will be veneered to match the stands were also flushed in with fiberglass and will be removable for veneering.

IMG00274.jpg


IMG00273.jpg


IMG00275.jpg


IMG00276.jpg


IMG00277.jpg


IMG00278.jpg


IMG00279.jpg


IMG00280.jpg
 
Beautiful work, and some very unique designs. I can't even imagine the hours of labor that go into these. Very professional looking. Any problems with the "Marek" being front-heavy and tipping forward? I'd really like to see those once they are painted up.
 
Thanks all.. the Elise's are done in a quilted Birds eye maple..

And all speakers sound better than they look.. that is the requirment... I couldn't live with myself if they didn't.. but I also believe in going active.. so tunning them to sound the best in their environment IMO is the best way..

Kudo's, Randy, quilted birdseye is lovely just like that with a clear finish. I don't know how you can stand to work with mdf that much. Hope you're wearing protection, if ya know what I mean. ;)
 
Truly unique! Concept and craftsmanship are outstanding!
I hope you have a portfolio of all your work, and installation shots of the speakers in their environment. Would you do us the honor of posting it somewhere online?
Thanks for sharing.
 
thanks all... finished pics in a home environment will come.. even a few pics at a local Bentley/Bugatti/Lambo dealer

got some work done last night.. all the fiberfilling is complete on both pieces.. this means all the inlays and baffle contours are done. To me, this is a better solution then using duraglass only to build contours..

I did add duraglass to one of the loudspeakers and they will shape up better than expected..

IMG00296.jpg


IMG00298.jpg


IMG00300.jpg
 
to date.. i have almost 30 hours into them.. if the wifey was felling better they would be done..lol..

here is the veneer that I will use for both the base and the side inserts...

Wal_Burl_910_2-8.jpg


color.. I want to do a drab metallic.. but my dad told me last night he wants them in black.. so I may do a black metallic.. but what I wanted to do is this:

GT4.jpg


[quote author=Response Audio link=topic=71581.msg690338#msg690338 date=1257445958]
I figered there would some type of patern used for the final details. How many hours do you figure you will have in these when all said and done? Looking sharp so far. Maybe I missed it but what colors are your considering for this pair.
[/quote]
 
Serious craftsmanship. Very, very serious.

I am powerfully impressed by your work. :yes:

The ultra-modern look of the painted surfaces coupled with the warmth and drama of the wood generate unforgettable, lasting beauty.:tresbon:

No one will ever find any of your speakers in a thrift shop.

:no:Not in a thousand years.:no:

I too would love to see pictures of your installs.:yes:

Thank you for sharing your work with us.
 
You realize this thread is a year old, right? I don't think the OP has posted since then.
 
Back
Top Bottom