• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Currently enjoying audio nirvana :-)

Markoneswift

Quartz locked n ready to rock
Well, I'm not posting any pictures because my shared office / listening / working space looks like a total fail but
I will list my current setup -

Restored John Gilbert JG20 'true fidelity' 20 WPC tube integrated amp.
Restored EPI M100's on stands.
ARCAM Alpha 5 CDP (with Philips TDA1541 DAC)
NAD 5180 direct drive turntable / Shure V15 ii with unknown stylus.

I'm getting a great synergy right now and I'm really nearfield with the M100's - literally about two feet from either of them!

I'm thinking of adding in a small Mordaunt Short sub just to fill the bottom end, even though the EPIs are not really lacking in that department in my space :-)
 
Register to hide this ad
You know how those Kiwis are... ;)

I didn't notice that :cool: as an Aussie it all makes sense now.....@Markoneswift we want photos.....expose yourself :eek::eek: you show me your.......(I know what you all are thinking, shame on you :naughty:) messy room and I'll show you mine :bigok:

Rob :)
 
I can believe those EPI speakers with a tube amp would provide "synergy". You could try a sub, but near-field listening is different, and if the low end sounds good now, just go with it for a while and enjoy the music.

All fun.

Cheers,

Snade
 
Back
Top Bottom