• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Curtis Mathes tube console thrift store find.

Dio H Rommeh

New Member
Just successfully restringed the tuner. Very clean unblemished unit. Date on chassis says 11-8-67. Service date or build date I don't know. Tuner works good am and FM. Has 3 tube multiplex converter. The sound is amazing even with vol set at 1/4. Good treble and bass. The turntable needs a stylus. I would like to bring this unit up to speed. Any recommendations for servicing it? All tubes are lit when powered up. I guess I have a CM collection now. I have a solid state 1982 CM console color 25"TV with 8 track, turntable, cassette, and tuner. Also working great. Any thoughts and advice on the tube console are appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20161102_181729.jpg
    IMG_20161102_181729.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20161102_172518.jpg
    IMG_20161102_172518.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 64
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom