• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Custom Tannoys/amps Identification

Nestorpants

New Member
Hey y’all! I just picked up these units with Tannoy dual concentric drivers in what appear to be custom built bass reflex cabinets with a mono amp built into each one.
The drivers need to be refoamed so I’m having a local place do that.
The cabinets look to be custom built and are HEAVY.
Each cabinet has an amp built into the top of it and those look custom made as well with a single input and an HF/LF output.

I’m very excited to hear these once the surrounds are fixed but also looked around online and couldn’t find information on anything but the drivers. If anyone has input into what these might be I would greatly appreciate it! DE6C37ED-5F9A-41BD-B28B-AD4860FF822D.jpeg F2CA7DCA-7892-4809-B93F-92761B3003F4.jpeg DF0BEF4C-C593-41EC-9613-5E8001939BA1.jpeg 6DF3C5ED-0758-4987-93DA-CE8F94BD64AB.jpeg 064018AE-432E-4C6D-A84B-39AD3C582798.jpeg E2B8334E-E83F-44D0-9A6A-F553EEA266FA.jpeg 8D98E9A9-EC00-410D-88BC-656F77154E44.jpeg BD5D5EBB-2725-4B75-8163-6F36E282C734.jpeg 6320332E-6B75-4694-9729-7BE72A149BB9.jpeg DA6865F1-E95C-407E-8BC8-88435D789C83.jpeg
Also, I usually listen to stereo receivers so am I eighth to assume that I plug my source into a preamp with a volume control then into these amps?
Thanks again for all the knowledge on this forum.
Oh almost forgot there is also a little stack of caps in each cab. Images attached.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom