• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Dallas CL: Bozak Concert Grand Speakers -- $600

Yep yep...I only did it once, I was selling a desk..it was listed for a few months no takers, finally someone emailed and said he would give me an extra 100$ to take the ad down and hold. I was more then happy to oblige, seeing as there was no interest for months :D The problems with those so called bidding wars, is after the person bids, can you get them to pony up and how many months of trying will it take? I am in one now. I always tell people the first person to my door with the cash takes it, no bidding, no holding, just give me a time and be here with cash. :yes:

In a case like that though - you haven't really burned anyone else by 'holding' the item for a higher price. The person is essentially the first one to respond so no harm done to any other potential buyer. I would definitely have done the same in that case.
 
I have a deal right now where I won't be able to arrange pickup of the item for a week. I sent the seller the agreed amount via PayPal, and now the ad is gone.
 
I have a deal right now where I won't be able to arrange pickup of the item for a week. I sent the seller the agreed amount via PayPal, and now the ad is gone.

For many people, including me, a CL transaction is based on cash in hand. I have bought and sold items where Paypal is involved. Paypal payment makes it official, at which point pick-up is just a technicality.
 
I have a deal right now where I won't be able to arrange pickup of the item for a week. I sent the seller the agreed amount via PayPal, and now the ad is gone.

Hey Sam, Did you get these yet ? I went and looked at them shortly after they were posted. I offered him $500 and he accepted. I took along an amp and preamp to listen to them and they sounded ok for being in a garage. After finding out that all of the damage was done by hauling them in the back of his truck with no protection I just couldnt bring myself to buy them so I passed on them. They belonged to his grandparents and I would bet they were near perfect before he picked them up. Good luck with your purchase !
 
I contacted the seller back on the 28th to set up a time to go see the speakers - I was acting as a proxy for an interested party. We had scheduled a meeting after we both finished work for the day. When I called back in the evening to get directions, the gentleman informed me that his wife had already sold them and they were gone. I didn't get any of the details, regarding selling price. I am hoping someone local from AK got these, especially since I live in Dallas.
 
From the design of the label, these look to be late models. I too do not like when someone advertises a set price and then looks to a bidding war. I feel if you set a price you think is aceptable then stick by it. As a seller who is unaware of values at time, I do understand the other side of the arguement, though. I think if I were a seller in this situation, I'd e-maill all who responded and explain that I was unaware fo the going price and I'm withdrawing them from sale to consider a reasonable and fair price for each. Yes, it might still end up in a bidding but, at least all interested parties would then have a chance. As a buyer a couple of times, I've seen something way under priced and contacted the seller only to have no response for some time and then have him respond it was alreaady sold. In followup, I discovered the person still sold it for way under the going price and much less than I'd be willing to pay and in these instances, I usually tell them that and how much I'd have paid had they been more forthright. Yes, I like rubbing it in.
 
I realize that others have their opinions, but I really dislike it when CL is used as an auction site. Of course, the world does not revolve around me.

I agree with you tensleep. The other day here in Phoenix, an ad went up on CL for some CV's and the ad started off by stating up for bid are a nice set of .......
 
I realize that others have their opinions, but I really dislike it when CL is used as an auction site. Of course, the world does not revolve around me.

I agree with you tensleep. The other day here in Phoenix, an ad went up on CL for some CV's and the ad started off by stating up for bid are a nice set of ....... Not that I have any interest in CV's at the moment, It kept me from reading the rest of the ad.
 
I contacted the seller back on the 28th to set up a time to go see the speakers - I was acting as a proxy for an interested party. We had scheduled a meeting after we both finished work for the day. When I called back in the evening to get directions, the gentleman informed me that his wife had already sold them and they were gone. I didn't get any of the details, regarding selling price. I am hoping someone local from AK got these, especially since I live in Dallas.


It was on the 27th when I saw them. Seller mentioned he 3 other people that were interested. When I left they were still for sale.
 
Back
Top Bottom