• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dang Ding!!!!! (How to repair?)

vintagestereo

Addicted Member
Banned
We all hate those dings that show up on the corners of our wood cases. I'm wondering if anyone has any expertise in repairing these. I just got a Sansui 9090BD case from another AKer which is in really nice shap cept for the ding below. Is there some type of filler I can will this in with so it won't be so notciable?
 
Register to hide this ad
Easy

For a quick fix use your eyebrow pencil. . . Works great and has some fill qualities too. . .
 
If the wood is dented you can sometimes bring it back to near original by forcing steam at the spot. I use one of those handheld steam cleaners I bought on clearance for 20 bucks. A wet cloth and a clothes iron will work also. After the wood is expanded put some Old english scratch remover on the spot and rub it in (use the darker color for audio cabinets). Reapply until it is dark enough. Then give the whole thing a wipe down with lemon oil. I have used wax pencils that you can buy at hardware/paint stores with some success as well. Just rub it over the spot and burnish with a cloth. I have resorted to puting brass corner plates over the corners of some of my speakers. The don't look too bad and keep it from getting any worse. I think you can get them in silver as well, which is what I plan to do someday, so they will match my silver faceplates.
 
Back
Top Bottom