• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DAT Sony DTC-790 problem

dukasound

New Member
Hi
After a long time I try to use my Sony dat but after switch on and put cassete on display was message CAUTION. After this I cant remove cassete out and none command cant work.
I remove it with manual way, rolling pulley who open a dat's door.
I watch manual and after translating to english (this was on german) I decided can be problem with humidity (for example). One day dat stayed switched on and I used hair fan to slowly dry inside of dat.
This morning I try but it's the same.
Does anyone can help me. What can be problem.
Thanks in advance
Duka
 
Register to hide this ad
Usually the Caution indicator means there is a problem with the transport, so it could be a sticky micro switch, bad sensor, worn belt or hardened grease ect. In my experience, any electonics with a complicated mechanism, if not used in a while, could use a good relube to get it going again. Other than that, I really couldn't say what it can be. Good luck!
 
A common problem with the Sony D7 was that the grease would harden. Careful clean and regrease sorts it. That's where I'd start!
 
Usually the Caution indicator means there is a problem with the transport, so it could be a sticky micro switch, bad sensor, worn belt or hardened grease ect. In my experience, any electonics with a complicated mechanism, if not used in a while, could use a good relube to get it going again. Other than that, I really couldn't say what it can be. Good luck!
Thank you for that info, it helped me fix my "caution" message problem! All I did was use a Q-tip to move the tape rollers to free up the drying grease.
 
Back
Top Bottom