• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dayton DSP 408 - Anyone Using This? Need Opinion!

DesertRatt

All Bark, No Bite!
I'm going to be building a 2-way "almost full range" "probably open baffle" speaker. I will want to use electronic crossover, and 2- amps. The X/O will be somewhere around 100Hz.

DAYTON DSP 408 - If I understand this box, I can do the crossover function with all sorts of variables, and I can do all the PEQ functions by plugging in results from say, "REW - Room Equalization Software."

Since I have not used ANY form of DSP I want to make sure I'm understanding it all correctly before I buy the DSP and calibrated MIC (miniUMIK-1).

It seems like an awful lot of cool tricks in one box, and I want to be sure I'm not reading more into than is really there. Excuse my ignorance - I've just never used any DSP before.

Thanks for any tips, acknowledgment or advice!
 
Register to hide this ad
did you read the reviews? there are enough that claim they are noisy for me to lose interest in the product. a clunky interface and low output voltage are a couple more reasons.

minidsp is the way to go. i've got a couple myself and they have a forum that can help get you settled in.
 
did you read the reviews? there are enough that claim they are noisy for me to lose interest in the product. a clunky interface and low output voltage are a couple more reasons.

minidsp is the way to go. i've got a couple myself and they have a forum that can help get you settled in.

Super! Thanks. I only discovered the Dayton unit this morning by web surfing for "DSP". So, if the miniDSP is the way to go, I can do that too. It doesn't appear that these things are very expensive, so not a huge gamble.

When you say "they have a forum" you mean the mini company has it's own forum?

Thanks a ton!
 
Thanks. I purchased the miniDSP-HD unit. This is all brand new territory for me. Should be fun to play with. I'm hoping the SQ doesn't suffer too much from the AD-DA process.

you're welcome.i've only got the 2x4 non hd units. they are all that i required. you should be happy with it. there is a learning curve for sure.it is fun and it won't;)
 
Back
Top Bottom