• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

dbx driverack PA2

Pizzano

New Member
Any folks using the dbx driverack PA2 as a speaker management tool, specifically used as a active crossover network also in their 2 channel system
I have a line array speaker system that is bi amped and with a mono REL subwoofer as the low amp,.
If anyone has some experience with the dbx Driverack PA2, post up some thoughts, tips,results etc.

Much appreciated

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4055.jpg
    IMG_4055.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I have the less expensive PX version in a gig rack with an XLS-2000. I was surprised how noisy it was compared to the Behringer DCX/DEQ combo units it replaced but use it anyway, just drop the amp gain in quieter gig spaces.

At home I kept it analog, using a simple 12 dB/Octave 2 way crossover for the cave system. I did play with the 2496 combo but in the end enjoy the simplicity and sound with the all analog path.

Neat looking setup you've got there. Have fun experimenting.
 
You might have a point there with the simplicity aspect of it. I was using a Samson S3 , looked at the Behringer 2496 , but found a new dbx DR PA2 new for same price, so I pulled the trigger, I am using all balanced connections , the app for the DR is pretty cool which makes changing parametrics and crossover points and filters a snap, but have almost just switched back to the simplicity of the Samson twice now, but keep sticking with the dbx and hoping my learning curve will kick in, lol
 
Back
Top Bottom