• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DBX Soundfield 3x2 LS & RS Plus

AV nut

New Member
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I recently found a set of DBX Southfield 3x2 Plus speakers for sale locally. It's a set of four bookshelf speakers, plus a huge 15" subwoofer (DB-SW15) in that funky wood grain laminate popular in the 1980's, all in very condition. Labels states that the speakers were engineered and manufactured in the USA.

I'm trying to determine whether this set of speakers were pre-DAK name licensing, and whether they be suitable set of for a home theater system.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Sorry to say these are DAK-era DBX'es. IIRC DAK started selling DBX-tagged speakers around 1980. Unless they're free or close to it, I'd keep looking.
 
Thank you. I suspected that may have been the case, but just could not find any information on what years the DBX 3x2 model was manufactured, and whether it pre-dated DAK's use of the DBX name.

So which are the DBX models worth looking out for?
 
Back
Top Bottom