• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dc offset/bias, please help

Maddart

Active Member
I have a project one mark ivb that was given to me. First thing was fuse had foil on it. Somewhat inexperienced tech with no schematics or manuals.Plugged into DBT and no problems were discovered. Hooked up an antenna and headphones and had music on the fm band. I decided to recap the safety/amp/ tone boards. The safety relay seemed smoked so i replaced with equivalent. Unit fires up, relay clicks and and i was able to set dc offset to 2-3 mV each channel. Is this too low? When I shut the unit off, the meter goes a little wonky. The heat sinks don’t seem to be heating up. I will need to try and adjust the bias. Just need to figure out what that number needs to be.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom