• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dead Sansui 3000

Drugolf

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I picked up a good looking 3000 today very cheaply because it isn't working. Got it home and figured I would do the customary cleaning of everything just to see what happens. Did and still nothing.
When powered on the dial lights light up and if I change source, the lights follow the source indicators as they should. Other than that nothing. I don't know if I should hear a relay click shortly after powering on, but I don't.

Any quick suggestions for me of what to check that might be something obvious with this before I either sell it as-is or get it to my tech? I know there are some mods these needed but not sure how to check to see if they have been done. Here are a couple photos if that helps.

0725171957b_resized.jpg 0725171959a_resized.jpg 0725172000a_resized.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Check the power supply to the output stages fuses.(F0001-4). Four of them.

They are sitting vertically, under the unit, middle near the rear, alongside the transformer and caps.

3000.JPG
 
Restorer-John nails it!
125 x 2.5 all 4 are blown. Concerns me a bit of course that all 4 are blown. What could cause that?
If I can't find any 125 x 2.5, would 250 x ? do?
 
I'm guessing that the output transistors are blown. You can test them with a digital meter.
If you don't have 125V/2.5A fuses I think the 250V/2.5A ones would be fine.
 
Thanks. I had come across comments about the mod update as well as a modern version others have come up with. Of course the kit is no longer available, but it appears the parts are mostly spelled out and can be attained? The referenced shielded plate of course is another matter I guess.
 
Looks like you've got a solid, well-built receiver there. Hopefully you're able to resurrect it from the dead! I wish I was able to offer any helpful advice at all, but I am just starting to learn.
 
This has been passed on to Satellite to get up to snuff. He stopped by yesterday and took it home with him. Good thing as I would struggle finding the time to do the work. At least I prettied it up for him.
 
Back
Top Bottom