• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Death Rattle Of A Mabuchi Capstan Motor?

RJMacReady

New Member
Hello All AKers, esp. Hatman, If any of you would be so kind, I have a video posted on YouTube of this noise being made by my Sony TC-WA9ES on high speed dubbing only. This thread originally began as "I can't be the only one..", documenting the repair attempt saga w/Sony's shop in Laredo, TX. It is currently on it's way back to them for the third time. If you could take a moment and @ YouTube's Search box, type in: TheSonyESFan That will take you to my channel, there is only 1 video posted there, it runs less than 90 seconds. All affirming/dissenting opinions greatly appreciated. Take Care All, RJM:bash:
 
Register to hide this ad
It sounds mechanical not electrical. High speed dubbing then pause? Then there is noise. Sounds like something is not disengaged enough from a spinning part. Thus the grinding noise.

Three times, huh? I hope they don't expect you to pay each time. It might just be an adjustment. But if I were the tech, I would put it through its paces before calling it good.
 
Hi Satcom, I wasn't 100% clear on your response about when hitting pause. This noise only happens on high speed dubbing, but I never paused the dubbing, and then resumed it. So I have no idea if pausing the high speed dubbing would have changed anything. If it means anything, to fix the well A door opening problem they supposedly replaced a "slider brake". Could it be this is out of whack? The odd thing is on normal speed play/dubbing it is totally silent. Any thoughts appreciated, RJM
 
Have you got a better video camera? The sound quality is low, even your voice sounds distorted on that clip, so it is hard to identify the noise. Even an audio file taped on a decent tape machine and then uploaded to soundcloud or whatever would be more useful.
 
Back
Top Bottom