• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Decade L26 Advice

tczech2003

New Member
I have an opportunity to purchase a pair of JBL Decade L26 speakers. Both woofers need their surrounds replaced but all drivers are supposed to be working. The cabinets and grills are in good condition. The seller is open to an offer. Looking for advice on how much to offer as a fair deal.
I absolutely don’t need another pair of vintage speakers but in all of my 60+ years of speaker trading have never owned any JBLs.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Joe
 
Register to hide this ad
I have an opportunity to purchase a pair of JBL Decade L26 speakers. Both woofers need their surrounds replaced but all drivers are supposed to be working. The cabinets and grills are in good condition. The seller is open to an offer. Looking for advice on how much to offer as a fair deal.
I absolutely don’t need another pair of vintage speakers but in all of my 60+ years of speaker trading have never owned any JBLs.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Joe

Questions about value are generally supposed to go in the Dollars and Sense forum. I will say though, that for something like an L26, most of their value is going to come from the brand name rather than how it sounds. You have a mediocre paper-cone tweeter paired with a fairly tiny woofer. There are a lot of much better JBLs out there, if you want to try a JBL.
 
Thanks. I haven’t used this forum regularly and actually was unaware of the Dollars & Sense forum. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I agree with you regarding brand value vs how it sounds value.
J
 
Back
Top Bottom