• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Decent Power Amp That Will Fit In A Kallax Square?

ScottFan355

Super Member
Hello all! I’m looking for ideas for a decent power amp that will fit in a kallax square, preferably with protection. I want to make the top all tube but I still use ss for movies or background music and there’s just no room for two monos, a preamp, and my sx-850. Looking for something decent, give or take in the range for what I could get for my sx-850. Any ideas?
 
Register to hide this ad
Schiit Vidar.

I don't have one, but all reviews are glowing.
If I didn't have the gear I currently have, I'd probably bite.
 
Before I got a "Proper" Stereo Cabinet I used a Kallax without one of the uprights. Thought I might have to add a couple of L brackets but it held my 50lbs Nikko 9095 on it for a couple of years with no problem.
It expands your options.

kallaxMod.jpg
 
I'm with the who-meister recommending Hypex modules. I use a 300 watt/channel Ncore amp in the garage system that measures 12" wide . The fan is used in summer months where temp in the closet runs 90+

garage2018.jpg
 
4DFF1FF5-9484-4F0A-AE23-05E246B9A3ED.jpeg
Another vote for class D. This is my Powernode 2i with the album for reference. Lots of good sounding choices out there.
 
How much power are you looking for? Sony TA-3120, TA-3140F, etc. There are several with different wattage ratings. Nice simple DC power amps in a small form. Some are asking ridiculous prices for them though.
Sony-TA-3140F-1024x600.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom