• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Deciding between 4 Cartridges for Dual 1019

I have installed dozens of the new Shure M97XE for clients, and I have never liked the sound. The guys recommending older Shure carts are on the ball. Much better-suited and better quality. But look, as you said, everyone has different ears, different HI-Fi equipment, different etc..., so the best way to find what is best is through cartridge rolling.
Personally, on a short tonearm, I would try a conical stylus.
 
I have installed dozens of the new Shure M97XE for clients, and I have never liked the sound. The guys recommending older Shure carts are on the ball. Much better-suited and better quality. But look, as you said, everyone has different ears, different HI-Fi equipment, different etc..., so the best way to find what is best is through cartridge rolling.
Personally, on a short tonearm, I would try a conical stylus.

What conical's do you like these days?
 
Back
Top Bottom