• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Definitive Technology overpriced?

RAJOD

Active Member
Banned
Last year we moved and picked up a 64 inch Samsung Plasma and due to space I had to get new HT speakers.

They had to look good (Wife)

I bought Mythos 10s based on all the rave reviews.

I dunno a little underwhelmed for the money. They were like 800.00 per speaker. They look great, black aircraft aluminum shells, glass stands for the rears etc.

I think my older LARGER Atlantic Technologies sounded better for movies. Louder with more punch. I just think there is no substitute for driver size.

While they are very clear for the money I think they overpriced for the sound. More went into the aluminum and shrinkage of size.\

So if you don't need good looking and clean, save some money and get larger HT speakers.

Don't get me wrong its very nice for their size and very clean sounding.

I run a SVS sub with them which is killer.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
The only reason to buy a pair of speakers is because you decided that they sound best for the price you've got to stick with. Looks doesn't come into it.
Thanks for sharing your unfortunate review on these ones. Maybe you can find a pair that does the job well using the current pair as a trade-in. I also notice that driver size correlates well with driver output. Might be something to it.
 
The only reason to buy a pair of speakers is because you decided that they sound best for the price you've got to stick with. Looks doesn't come into it.
Thanks for sharing your unfortunate review on these ones. Maybe you can find a pair that does the job well using the current pair as a trade-in. I also notice that driver size correlates well with driver output. Might be something to it.

Well women don't like Giant speakers all over. Mythos have wife appeal for sure. They are good speakers but if you are just into pure sound then yes I think you can do better for same money.

I'm not getting rid of them.
 
Back
Top Bottom