• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Denon AVR-1603 receiver shuts down

Racingh11

Super Member
I'm not sure if this really counts as vintage, the owner said he thought he bought it 15 years ago. It would power on the display and then turn off during the system self check, and the stand-by light would flash fairly rapidly. I'm only posting this here because this symptom was posted on other audio websites I'm not a member of. This way they can find the information in a search. The issue on this one was the +/-15VDC circuit was not outputting any voltage. There are two resistors that feed rectifying diodes, and they feed +/-!5V regulators. One diode was shorted and that burned open the pair of .22 ohm 1W resistors. D141 and R141,142. Replaced and all seems well.
 

Attachments

Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom