• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Denon CDR-W1500 belt replacements

Vop8

New Member
Hello everyone, I was just given a Denon CDR-W1500 CD player/recorder. It plays but both cd trays do not open. I opened the case and found that both cd drives tray belts were gone. Basically they deteriorated and were wrapped around the pulleys. According to Denon these are discontinued parts. I’m having a hard tilde locating any replacements. I was wondering if anyone had any info as to what size the belts are. So that I can locate alternative options. They are two belts, one for each drive and they are different sizes. Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
Service bulletin at https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1569028/Denon-Cdrw-1500.html?page=2#manual shows 964 0008 010 Belt.
Quick search on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334668399239 Replacement belt kit, $16.40 from Portugal.
If you dig deep enough online I'm sure you'll find a number of sources, once you figure out the size needed. Try combing eBay, for example--above reference is pretty steep price. If you're lucky you might find the replacement you need for under five bucks; some vendors' prices seem outrageous for two little belts.
Good luck!
 
btw--I presume the CD decks have the tiny little pinhole on the face that will open the drawer if you stick a paper clip in there.
 
btw--I presume the CD decks have the tiny little pinhole on the face that will open the drawer if you stick a paper clip in there.
Unfortunately no there is no pinhole allowing you to release the drawers to open them. The cover and faceplate need to be removed to access the gear that unlocks and opens the drawers. I did see the Ebay add just trying to find a more affordable option. thanks
 
Unfortunately no there is no pinhole allowing you to release the drawers to open them. The cover and faceplate need to be removed to access the gear that unlocks and opens the drawers. I did see the Ebay add just trying to find a more affordable option. thanks
Old thread, I know. For anyone searching in the future, the drive belts I used successfully were ID 27mm cross-section 1.2mm square and ID 31mm cross-section 1.2mm square for the CD-P and CD-R drawers, respectively. Available from Wagner Electronics (WES if you have a trade account) part numbers 27x1.2 and 31x1.2 https://www.wagneronline.com.au/squ...ral/service-repair-parts/27x1-2-5652/2271/pd/
 
I know this is an old post but I ran into the "can't open cdrw door" issue. There IS a manual release for this drive!! With the CDRW (Sony SF-W03EX) front facing you look on the left side of the drive (side without the connectors). You will see several holes. Three circles near the bottom of the side, what looks like an open mouth smiley face and slightly forward and above that a rectangular hole.

That rectangular hole IS the manual release port.

I used "pig sticker" (poky thing with wood handle we used to dissect frogs in school) but a small screwdriver pushed gently into that hole will unlock and pop open the door. For the CD-P I just pulled on the door and it opened.

To remove the trays you need to pull them as far forward as they'll go. Look underneath the tray and you see two movable 'tangs' one on the left and the other on the right. Push up on the left one and pull that side forward a tad till it just clears the tang. Then push up on the right on and pull. Done correctly the tray will slide out and you can access the belt for the trays.

Have fun!!
 
Back
Top Bottom