• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Denon DP-1200 question

spud627

New Member
I just picked up a DP-1200 from ebay, supposed to be in working condition. So I take it out of the box and hook it up, and there's no interconnect cable built in, and none included. Three plugs in back, left/right/ground. I plugged in a regular interconnect, no ground wire, and it sounds like garbage. Wondering if this is standard for this unit and what kind of connector I need.

I'm used to seeing connections built into turntables.

thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
A very nice table. :)
Define the 'garbage' sound.
You probably need to connect the groundpost of the turntable to a groudpost on an amplifier or phono pre.

Which leads to the question; To what input have you connected the table?

Welcome to AK btw. :)
 
Garbage = humming. Actually sounds pretty nice besides that.

I've got an NAD7100, am looking for a suitable place to screw a groundwire into that.

and thanks for the nice welcome ;D
 
This is a nice sweet TT. I have one and love it. Its my backup now, main being the Marantz TT15S1. Steady speed and a workhorse. Me got it off bay too in mint condition. the Denon DL-160 goes very well with it and am sure so does the 110. What cart do you have going?
 
Cart says "Grace" across the front, don't see a model #. I have a question though. The little bar assembly that controls the tonearm height is a little sticky, it shuts off and lifts off fine at the end of the record, but it doesn't go down far enough when I hit play. I have to give it a little nudge to get it down far enough, then it's fine. I put some oil down the shafts of that assembly, but wondered what else I might adjust... thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom