• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Denon DP-1200 Thoughts?

Ibemiked

Active Member
I’m considering purchasing a Denon DP-1200 turntable tomorrow.. the price seems right and it appears to be in good cosmetic condition. There is only 1 photo and not much a description. I did some research price wise and it’s a good deal. Just wondering if anyone has one or knows about it and would like to know your thoughts? I already have a Technics Sl-1210M5g and several other turntables. How does it compare to the Technics? Is it an excellent, good or decent turntable? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
It's a nice-sounding table, a good pick for getting back into vinyl, in my opinion. I would not expect it to beat your Technics however. It looks nice, sounds decent, and is easy to operate. Plus, the auto-lift can be relied upon if you fall asleep. ;)
 
It's a nice-sounding table, a good pick for getting back into vinyl, in my opinion. I would not expect it to beat your Technics however. It looks nice, sounds decent, and is easy to operate. Plus, the auto-lift can be relied upon if you fall asleep. ;)
Thanks! Appreciate your input.
 
I expect it to at be at least as good as the Technics. I'd prefer it in fact. I just sold a DP-3000 which would have been a good keeper but I have about a dozen other tables. :)
 
I expect it to at be at least as good as the Technics. I'd prefer it in fact. I just sold a DP-3000 which would have been a good keeper but I have about a dozen other tables. :)
We will see tomorrow! Looking forward to comparing. Definitely like that it has RCA outputs as opposed to the built in RCA cables. Those seem to go bad over time.
 
I’m considering purchasing a Denon DP-1200 turntable tomorrow.. the price seems right and it appears to be in good cosmetic condition. There is only 1 photo and not much a description. I did some research price wise and it’s a good deal. Just wondering if anyone has one or knows about it and would like to know your thoughts? I already have a Technics Sl-1210M5g and several other turntables. How does it compare to the Technics? Is it an excellent, good or decent turntable? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

The Denon DP-1200 (f) and the Technics SL-1200MK5 compares quite well technically.

The Denon may even be technically slightly ahead compare to some earlier Technics model. :idea:

For convenience, I only have the Denon and Technics SL-1600/1700 MKI and MKII.
 
Back
Top Bottom