• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Denon DP-1200

jacob360

Member
Just got a Denon DP-1200, in really nice shape, at Goodwill. Can anyone suggest where I could obtain the owner's manual for it? I've tried all of the manual sites, for free download or $, with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
The manual for the 1250 is almost identical.
It's a great table. I re-worked one for a buddy and he loves it!
Gotta have the Brubeck :)
 
Got one and love it. It's my daily driver. Got mine also (free) out of a thrift store when they were clearing space in the back and hauling out all the older stereo gear to the back dumpster. They put it aside before it goes in the can and that's when I snagged it. Works great and love the rosewood that matches my Sony ES Rosewood gear.

Good snag.
Cheers
 
Just acquired my own DP-1200 and am curious if all (or any) you you fine folks still have yours. If so, how has the table faired through all these years? If not, why not, and what did you replace it with?
 
Just acquired my own DP-1200 and am curious if all (or any) you you fine folks still have yours. If so, how has the table faired through all these years? If not, why not, and what did you replace it with?
I have been running mine in my main system since 2010-2011 and it's been flawless, I have a retipped Denon DL-160 on it currently.

PXL-20240111-230535544.jpg
 
Just acquired my own DP-1200 and am curious if all (or any) you you fine folks still have yours. If so, how has the table faired through all these years? If not, why not, and what did you replace it with?
I will add that if you have any platter speed issues rotate the speed knob back and forth several times and it will usually clear up the runaway speed problem. If I remember correctly I did clean the speed control with Deoxit once when I first acquired the TT that was about 12 years ago.
 
I will add that if you have any platter speed issues rotate the speed knob back and forth several times and it will usually clear up the runaway speed problem. If I remember correctly I did clean the speed control with Deoxit once when I first acquired the TT that was about 12 years ago.
Right on...Yup, I did a deoxit to the speed pot and will do so for the start/stop and speed switches when I get to replacing the motor lubrication/oil. After 44-45 years, I'd say it is justified. ;)
 
I will add that if you have any platter speed issues rotate the speed knob back and forth several times and it will usually clear up the runaway speed problem. If I remember correctly I did clean the speed control with Deoxit once when I first acquired the TT that was about 12 years ago.
Spot on advice. I really didn't want to open up the deck to clean that pot. Rotating the speed knob back and forth several times worked for me too. I like this deck. It's a very solid performer. Right now I'm using a DL 103 cart....it sounds good to me. I've had a few vintage Denon decks over the years...I still use a DP 59L in one system.
 
Back
Top Bottom