• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Denon DP-300F Troubleshoot

It's a Kenwood KR-6600. (Mid 70's model I believe).

I didn't see a MM switch on the back. Would it be inside?

When you say input voltage selector, does this look something like a DC plug on the back of the receiver? Because if so it does have those. Should I plug the TT directly into the receiver instead of the wall?

Remember I am a total amateur. Would it help if I posted some pics?
 
I am glad you have fixed it, one question, the other TT worked on your Kenwood??

Thanks,
John.:music::D

Yes, the Technics worked great it seemed. No problems. I had Thriller up loud and it sounded fantastic. That's why I'm so confused why the Denon was giving me such trouble.

Now that it's hooked into my Pioneer receiver it sounds really good.

Maybe between the time that I switched out TT's my inputs shot craps???

I'm still bound and determined to find out why it's not working with my Kenwood. I love that receiver, and the FM sounds fantastic on it.
 
Yes, the Technics worked great it seemed. No problems. I had Thriller up loud and it sounded fantastic. That's why I'm so confused why the Denon was giving me such trouble.

Now that it's hooked into my Pioneer receiver it sounds really good.

Maybe between the time that I switched out TT's my inputs shot craps???

I'm still bound and determined to find out why it's not working with my Kenwood. I love that receiver, and the FM sounds fantastic on it.

I have a KR-7200 and the tuner section is great, it plays any and all TT's I have hooked up, so, I think something simple is being over looked? Just MOP.

I love my Denon and it was hooked up to the kenny 7200.

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
Yes I had the Loudness switch both on and off. Same troubles with each.

I have the Loudness on with my Pioneer receiver and I'm not having any problems at all.
 
I just picked up one of these tables and I found that hooked to my Onkyo preamp the p304 it sounds muffled very Bassy.. no highs so I unhooked it from the phono pots (I tried M C & M M )and plugged it into line 1, turned on its internal phono pre and it sounds fabulous I would not recommend this table to be run through a phono port run it through a regular line port ...sounds great now
 

Attachments

  • 20190128_154216.jpg
    20190128_154216.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom