• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Denon DP-62L auto-stop engaging at random

funkingkyle

New Member
My table has been recapped but is now having occasional problems with the automatic stop. I know how to adjust where it engages, but that is not the problem, as it happens at random times during playback, not just at the same spot or near the end of the side.

I asked the guy who recapped it and he said it could be "dragging" and that there is a transistor that can fail. He no longer does audio repair so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has ideas before I lug it to a tech. Any ideas?

Thank you!
 
Register to hide this ad
Exactly what happened to my DP-47. Narrowed it down to a weak sensor. I guess they're interchangeable with other models, but didn't want the further grief.
 
That's the problem with some of the Denon tables, no longer available parts. Was looking at a Denon DP-45F but found in my research that the board that controls the electronic arm had a transistor that has no equivalent replacement. Having to buy a parts table and hoping the part you need is good isn't something I wanted to deal with. I'm happy with my simple DP-30L.
 
Back
Top Bottom