• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Denon precision high fidelity component system GR-535

obrt

Member
That would be the full name written on the front panel :D

I've just bought this one. I like it a lot. I'd compare it to some other things I own, but the result could sound impossible to some :scratch2::scratch2: and others might think I'm plain crazy :nono:, so I will refrain from doing it. :D All we need is love, and I love my new old receiver. :D I'll just say it sounds every bit as good as it looks. :D Has anyone else had a chance to hear it? I could use a reality check. :screwy:

Denon-GR-535-1.jpg


Denon-GR-535-2.jpg


Denon-GR-535-3.jpg


Denon-GR-535-4.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
mhardy6647, the only information I could find online is here
http://www.thevintageknob.org/denon-GR-535.html
and there is the service manual available for download at hifiengine :)

JohnVF, it sounds... I couldn't believe it. :D I think I'll keep it in the main system forever. It's all I ever wanted. :D (that's just me being too enthusiastic at the moment) :D
 
From a DENON flyer/1977 specs.

GR-535 Verstärkerteil
Sinus-Ausgangsleistung an 4 Ohm 2 x 100 W bei 1000 Hz an 8 Ohm
2 x 75W Sinus-Ausgangsleistung an 4 Ohm, 2 x 80W (20-20 000 Hz) an 8 Ohm
2 x 60W Musikleistung an 4 Ohm 2 x 130W an 8 Ohm 2x 90W
Klirrfaktor (über alles) < 0,1%
Intermodulation < 0.1%
Dämpfungsfaktor (8 Ohm) 50
Frequenzgang bei 1 W(-1 dB) 5 Hz-100 kHz
Leistungsbandbreite 5 Hz - 60 kHz
Übersprechdämpfung (Phono, über alles) >70 dB
Fremdspannungsabstand (PHONO magn.) > 75 dB
Fremdspannungsabstand (AUX. TAPE) > 95 dB
Eingangsempfindlichkeit und -Impedanzen
PHONO 1 2.3 mV/47 kOhm, PHONO II 2,3 mV/47 kOhm
TUNER, AUX 1, AUX 2, TAPE 1, TAPE 2 135 mV/100 kOhm
Tonband-Anschluß DIN und CINCH (je 2)
Höheneinsteller ± 10 dB/10 kHz, Tiefeneinsteller ± 10 dB/100 Hz
Rauschfilter 7 kHz (6 dB/Okt.), Rumpelfilter 15 Hz (12 dB/Okt.)
Leiseschalter (audio muting) 20 dB, 0 dB
TUNERTEIL
IHF-Empfindlichkeit (75 Ohm) 0.9 µVolt
DIN-Empfindlichkeit (26 dB, 75 Ohm) 1.0 µVolt, DIN-Empfindlichkeit 30 dB. 75 Ohm) 1,2 µVolt
Begrenzer-Einsatz 75 Ohm 0,6 µVolt
Stereo-Einsatz 75 Ohm) 5 µVolt
Muting-Einsatz (75 Ohm) 5 µVolt
Stereo-Empfindlichkeit (DIN, 75 Ohm) 40 µVolt
Fremdspannungsabstand MONO > 70 dB, STEREO > 65 dB
AM-Unterdrückung > 55 dB
Nebenwellenfestigkeit 90 dB
Trennschärfe (IHF) > 80 dB
Spiegelfrequenz-Unterdrückung> 85 dB
ZF-Unterdrückung > 95 dB
Capture Ratio 1.7 dB
Pilotton- und Hilfsträgerunterdrückung > 65 dB
Klirrfaktor Mono (Stereo) 0.1 % (0,15%)
Frequenzgang 20-15000 Hz + 0.2/-1.5 dB
Übersprechdämpfung (1000 Hz) > 40 dB
Allgemeines
Netzanschluß 220 V/50 Hz, Leistungsaufnahme Leerlauf (Vollast) 35 (420) Watt
Abmessungen (B x H x T) mm 518 x 178 x 383, Gewicht 19.5 kg
Holzgehäuse serienmäßig

Michael-Otto
 
bigaltx224, I appreciate it even more now, when I opened it and saw how logical and neat it is from the inside as well. :)

Michael-Otto, thanks a lot for the info. I'm not sure what all of it means, even with the help of google translate, namely most of the FM related data, but it is awesome that you have and shared all of it. :)
 
Anyone could recommend where I could buy the lamps for this one? They should be 8V or 9V (it reads 8.5V AC.. yes, AC, it's not a mistake :D), probably 50mA or 100mA and they are drum type lamps. I need 10. Denon part number is 3930016006. I'm not "all-original" crazy, more the practical type, so alternatives are also very welcome. :) Thanks :)
 
Anyone could recommend where I could buy the lamps for this one? They should be 8V or 9V (it reads 8.5V AC.. yes, AC, it's not a mistake :D), probably 50mA or 100mA and they are drum type lamps. I need 10. Denon part number is 3930016006. I'm not "all-original" crazy, more the practical type, so alternatives are also very welcome. :) Thanks :)

Buy whatever fits there :yes:.

And good luck with your Denon. I am kind of collecting totl Denons from early 80´s. Next in line will probably be POA-8000. But Im in no rush. My PRA-2000z and POA-3000z is working fine. :D

But even before that I will try to get a Denon TU-500 or TU-850 70´s tuner. Since they only did one good analog tuner in the 80´s (TU-900). I also need to build some big furniture that could hold and display all of it.

Another intresting thing is that many of the early/mid 80´s Denon amps are feedforward construction kind of like high end Quad current dumping :music:.
 
Vinylcalle, that's some impressive gear you've got. :D I hope you'll find POA-8000s to add them to the collection and soon. :D They really look amazing. I'd buy them just for the looks alone. :)

I hear you about the furniture. :D this one won't fit into anything I have :D

Where can I learn more about the feedforward construction? Could it be the reason it sounds so differently and so much better?

It's the single largest leap in the sound improvement I've ever experienced. Everything else was pretty much incremental, and then it's like someone unloaded a ton of it all at once. :D
 
prisoners, I also find it very pleasant to the eye (I bought it without hearing it first). Even the typeface used is very clean, almost modern. :)
 
Wow that is a giant receiver. Makes the other components look tiny. Cool looking piece, i bet it sounds great.

beer
 
squirrelnest, the doors are nice, and they must have spent tons of aluminium to machine the front face and the door.

Beer, it could be a bit out of perspective :D it's closer than the components behind :D It is quite large though. About 10 cm or 4 inches wider than the tuner you can see in the background.

Prisoners :D if you can get one, you won't regret it. I'll probably just keep a turntable, get a new cd player and sell everything else. It's that good.
 
:D Thanks, Artie. According to what I could find online, these were sold mostly in Europe. Mine came directly from Germany. I checked the back and it's 220V/50Hz, no voltage selector, so definitely intended for Europe.
 
Back
Top Bottom