• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Describe the sound of your Luxman R-117

js bach

Active Member
I have the opportunity to purchase a Luxman R-117 from an audio buddy, and I was wondering if all you R-117 owners out there can help me get an idea what they sound like? I've read they are pretty smooth sounding, with some using the words "tube like." How is the phono section? I see too this receiver has jumpers... anyone use anything other than the factory ones? I've read too some receivers (i.e. NAD) sound better with a small jumper cable.

To help with reference, the best receivers I have ever owned (thus far) have been the Denon DRA-1025R(125w) and DRA-635R(80w).

I'm currently using a friend's Denon DRA-625 (65w) until I get a receiver of my own. My speakers are Mirage M3si's and a Nak OMS-7AII cd player. No separates for me right now, just need a strong receiver.

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Smooth as a babys ass but muscular like a iron fist when called upon.Sorry but I am not very good at descriptions
 
Very smooth, great with horns, as well as all types of speakers. Best all around performer that I have heard thus far before entering high power SS amps that cost much more. Great tuner section as well.
 
The sound is full from the lowest lows to the highest highs. I run mine with a set of ADS L780 and it never seems to "stress" . I can listen all day at fairly loud levels and it doesn't fatigue my ears. Some other amps you can only listen to one or two songs at that level before you have to turn it down, never with the Lux.
 
Back
Top Bottom