• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Diamond PE 66 Turntable in Blaupunkt Valencia Deluxe not Spinning

eyesicon

New Member
Diamond PE 66 Turntable in Blaupunkt Valencia Deluxe will not spin after I push the start knob. When I push the start knob the handle jumps up and nothing else happens. I try to move the table but it is stiff. The arm moves when that happens. Once the arm hits what would record post (wisselas) it return and then the turntable can move freely. The motor runs i put lithium lubricant on the moving parts and nothing.
 

Attachments

Register to hide this ad
The changer needs cleaning, lubrication where necessary, adjustment and replacement or rebuild of wear items as necessary to function as intended. Remember this complex German changer is 1955-1962 era, and is an antique. Caked up and hardened grease is very much an issue. The average vintage record changer was expected by it's manufacturer to be overhauled every 5 years of use, and most didn't get serviced until something failed. It needs a proper overhaul as PE intended.
 
The changer needs cleaning, lubrication where necessary, adjustment and replacement or rebuild of wear items as necessary to function as intended. Remember this complex German changer is 1955-1962 era, and is an antique. Caked up and hardened grease is very much an issue. The average vintage record changer was expected by it's manufacturer to be overhauled every 5 years of use, and most didn't get serviced until something failed. It needs a proper overhaul as PE intended.
What should I use to lubricate it. I put lithium on spray on the gears.
 
Back
Top Bottom