• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Did I Fix my Sony PS-X7 Tonearm Drop Problem

cp2buy

Super Member
Ping pong tonearm drop problem appear to be fixed!! Also the fix was not as hard as implied. This problem was initially address in another thread but due to significant developments a new thread is appropriate. 1. Got the service manual and purchase 500,000 wt. silicon oil with an injector 2. The disassembly of the arm lift mechanism was not dificulty. 3. Kept looking in the SM for an oil reservoir but could not find a reference. 4. Decided to just apply oil to arm lifter stem 5. Found out that you cannot put 500,000 wt. oil into an injector 6. Putting oil on arm lifter stem did not help. 7. I became curious about a black rubber stem sticking up in fron of the arm lifter, when it popped out after a little oil got on it. I assumed this was the plug for the oil reservoir (I may be wrong). It is odd but the service manual does not illustrate nor make reference to this small rubber stem. 8. After forcing some oil into the reservoir the turntalbe arm lifter is working as designed for now.
I hope a tech can comment on the good or bad of this repair.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom