• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

did you know Ritchie Blackmore was THIS good?

Register to hide this ad
Yes, yes I did. I have been a Blackmore fan for 30+ years and have been furtunate enough to see him live a few times.
 
Yes I also did, he is an exceptional guitarst and the master of his field. His guitar sound was ahead of its time, he was one of the first to really know how to extract a "sound scape" into his playing..........Love his playing, I saw him in 84 when the famous MK2 lineup reformed, Check out Perfect Strangers, and The Battle Rages on.
Awesome
 
Thank for that link. Amazing how much you forget until someone reminds you. It just hit the spot.

Damn, now I'll have to go home and listen to Made In Japan tonight.
 
this is amazing both in his ability and sound, no one else played like this in 69.... did they?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf7izXdJKrc&feature=player_embedded

Blackmore deserves much more respect than he gets and back in 1969 you had the late great Jimi Hendrix and Frank Zappa so yeah their were others playing like this. Though that is not to say he isn't talented, he just wasn't the only one. 1967 you be the judge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwwpXvQDsjc&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYwZ8I8wOGA&feature=related
 
Last edited:
Oh yeah...Singing and playing at the same time and coming straight from the gut. He is still giving lessons.
 
The lead he played on the live version of Highway Star from the album Made In Japan, is one of the greatest leads I've ever heard!
 
Oh yeah, been a Purple and Rainbow fan forever - had the luxury of seeing the Perfect Strangers tour from the 10th row - the man is a living legend.
 
In and around 1972 I wouldn´t listen to any other bands.

Richie Blackmore and Ian Gilan were unmatchable, IMO.

Of course, later I widened my horizons, but Deep Purple still remains my favourite hard-rock group of all time.
 
Absolutely! First 'liveish' exposure to them was back in high school Deep Purple we're on ABC's "In Concert". One of the best of those shows. Anybody else remember those simulcasts? Anybody else get an over 100 mph speeding ticket listening to Highway Star?

I remember those "ABC Wide World In Concert", amazing talent. Saw the Genesis concert with Peter Gabriel, ELP with the flipping piano, Elton John Honky Chateau concert, I'm sure there were many others but that's around the time I discovered "the herb".
 
Yes Purple rocks alright. Richie said back in 73,"I could wipe the floor with most other guitarists" and he was right.
 
Ritchie Blackmore

Wow! I was always amazed at his playing, but this is just awesome!
Somebody already mentioned the drummer Ian Paice - he's a bad arse mutha as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom