• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dinner with AK #1, 4/4/08

cableguy

In Twang We Trust
NC Piedmont BBQ Sauce

This is the Recipe for Fuzzy's Premiun BBQ Sauce. Serve with Pit cooked and smoked Pork Butt or shoulder...pulled or chopped.
(There are plenty of others but this is how we eat BBQ in Rockingham County NC...:yes:)


Piedmont Lexington-Style Dip

1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
10 tablespoons tomato catsup
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Pinch of crushed hot red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup water
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Salt to taste

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and let stand until cool. Spoon a small amount of the sauce over barbecued pork... Yield: three cups.


Enjoy...



Bill
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Register to hide this ad
OK Guys and Gals, here's to some fine dining courtesy of AK's culinary class.

I'll add someone's submission to the thread every Friday, let me know what you'd like to submit!

Ozmoid (One hongry frog - "Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper?" :D )
 
Who you call'n a hongry frog?
Us North Carolinians sure love that Vinegar sauce. I've seen fights start over BBQ around here.
 
:butt1:

Thanks for the sauce recipe.

Ken, are you up for a re-buttal of Carolina BBQ? :D I've got an open slot for a meal to post next Thursday night... :yes:

Lay it all on us - fixin's, everything just like it hits the table at your house. :thmbsp:
 
Ken, are you up for a re-buttal of Carolina BBQ?

Actually, my sauce is a mustard-based South Carolina style recipe, the best I could guestimate Maurice's. I am from from there, ya know?

Folks around here think mustard-based is pure heresy.

I'll gather a cole slaw and baked beans recipe, and maybe even throw in some tater salad.:drool:
 
For the record, cableguy is a professional chef who has designed menu items for "4 star" establishments, corporations, and foods for regional distributors.

cableguy is currently managing a restaurant in Greensboro, North Carolina.
 
Thanks cableguy, I'll have to give that one a spin. I was getting a little tired of the Texas style BBQ we have around here. Are you going to be adding more recipes, like in a series?
 
Are you going to be adding more recipes, like in a series?
If enough folks step up, I hope to have a new "Dinner with AK" to post every Thursday night, for Friday dinner. :yes:

You don't have to be a "pro" to submit, and I prefer complete meals when possible (with pics if you can). All you gotta do is send me a PM to get in line. :thmbsp:

cableguy was gracious enough to post something "last minute" to get us going. Like the best plans, this one got off the ground by the seat of its pants. :D
 
cableguy's recipe is what us Yankees call a SOP sauce makes a real nice meal but hey i can't say i have ever had bad bbq no matter what style of sauce or meat it is on as long as it is smoked maybe in the future i can turn you all on to the land o lincolns culinary staple called a chicken coronary or a hamburger heart attack the 4 worst thing for you on one platter LOL
 
I wanted to "bump this one more time, and take a minute to Thank cableguy for kicking off our little "Dinner with AK" series.

Some of you guys posting in this thread may want to work up something on your region's BBQ traditions... there are a lot of Fridays in a year... :D
 
Back
Top Bottom