• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dissasembling Technics SL-1800 mk2

mikew86

New Member
I have an SL-1800 mk2 that I jave to donsome tonearm work to, as well as adjust the suspension. I downloaded and printed a service manual from vinylengine but the photos are a little grainy and it doesn't explain how to adjust the suspension.

So does anyone have any tips? There are plenty of tutorials on dissassembly of the SL-1200, is any of it applicable to the 1800 or is it a totally different animal?
 
Register to hide this ad
The arm is exactly like the SL-1200Mk2 arm, so just follow the tutorial for that model.
Regarding the suspension, it should be the same as in the SL-1700Mk2 and SL-1600Mk2.
If there are any variations, they'll most likely be very, very minor.
 
Get yourself a 7 mm deep socket . adjust the springs so that you have even deflection when you push down on the center of the platter. if your planning on taking the table apart. One tip I can give you and it's not in the service manual.
when you take off the back foot, the one behind the arm also take off the foot holder as it will make it so much easier to take off the plinth. Trust me I've done 3 of those tables.
Good Luck
 
Back
Top Bottom