• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DIY Outlaw RCM I Manual Record Cleaning Machine!

I had complained about using this with my thumb pressing the spindle, and that it made my thumb go numb. A solution that seems to work is a plastic washer to make the spindle top large and flat instead of semi pointy. the center hole was chosen to just allow the point to engage the washer. Seems to work well!
 
I cleaned about 20 records at one sitting two days ago, and no thumb numbing with the washer as a spreader. I used a Band-Aid to tape it onto my thumb ball. It worked well. (I did punch a hole in the Band-Aid to allow the spindle clear access)

I’m still amazed at how clean these things come out.
 
Another post script: I did finally find (at a yard sale) one of those wire record racks. I have not removed any wire loops and I did use it as a final drying rack. Better still I was able to rack each record with its slip cover. This made putting them away (using all new inner sleeves, and dated in a corner as to the cleaning date) fast and easy.
 
Nice job and I have plenty of ideas of my own now for my project.

now to find the time.......

Thanks for the very informative Tim Tayor-esque post!

(if everyone on here cleaned just one of my albums, we could be done by now!)
 
Back
Top Bottom