• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DIY WiFi radio

Register to hide this ad
That's certainly a neat idea. Where the dude lost me was after he set up the wireless network connection to the router (which is only used to stream audio), he instructed you to disable all other network connections. That sounds to me like you would only be able to stream mp3s and other audio files stored on the computer. Without a network connection to the Internet, where is stuff like Pandora going to come from?

Anyhow, following advice from people here on AK, I have taken a different approach to WiFi radio. I have the receiver in my main rig (Denon AVR-3300) hooked up to a laptop that has a wireless connection via ATT U-verse to the Internet. To the tape out of the receiver, I have connected a C. Crane FM transmitter (about $80). This FM transmitter broadcasts everything I play on the main rig, and I can pick it up on any FM tuner around the house. In this way I can stream Pandora and other music available online and on my computer, but also any other sources I use with my main rig - both digital and analog. I am very happy with that system.
 
Back
Top Bottom