charles 1973
Super Member
I had put my Turntable away for several years listening to CD's FM radio and Spotify Premium. Partly because I like the convince, especially with streaming music. And was quite satisfied. Well today I connected it back up and played CCR's "Chronicle" double LP set. I was very surprised at just how good LP's can sound. All the instruments just seem to have more presence then either my CD's or Spotify. And I've got 4x as much $ in the CD/DAC then my Turntable/Cartridge/Preamp.
To be fair this was not a very scientific assessment, but it makes me wonder how much we would have to spend today to get the sound quality of even a budget TT like the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo with digital, Either CD or Streaming. Or is there really a magic to LP's that can't be duplicated, no matter how much money we spend.
I still plan on buying a good, Cambridge CX - N digital music streamer to enjoy the convenience of Spotify Premium. It should prove interesting to compare it with my TT.
To be fair this was not a very scientific assessment, but it makes me wonder how much we would have to spend today to get the sound quality of even a budget TT like the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo with digital, Either CD or Streaming. Or is there really a magic to LP's that can't be duplicated, no matter how much money we spend.
I still plan on buying a good, Cambridge CX - N digital music streamer to enjoy the convenience of Spotify Premium. It should prove interesting to compare it with my TT.