• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Do you guys know this stuff?

Bob R

Active Member
My music education is more complete today. My 23 year old daughter explained and demonstrated “Club DJ” music to me last night.

It seems that there are four categories:

Techno – music only w/ lottsa fade in / outs and TT use.
House – Techno with vocal. The DJ’s take a pop song and blend their own soundtrack in.
Jungle – Hard and fast hitting.
Trance – (I think it’s like I felt, listening to Country Joe and The Fish’s “Grace”).

Now I know how the DJ’s include Breaks, Pickups, Spin backs, and Spin ups. My next lesson will be “Cheesy House”.

The DJ mix I heard was by “Deep Dish”.

Think three turntables. The base track is Santana's “Jingo”, mixed in and out is Santa Esmeralda’s “Don’t Let me be Misunderstood”, with the vocals of Donna Summer’s “I Feel Love”.

I’m not sure if I’m hip, in, with it, or still “stuck in the Stone(d) Age” as my kids put it – but I might have half a clue.
;)
 
Register to hide this ad
I?m not sure if I?m hip, in, with it, or still ?stuck in the Stone(d) Age? as my kids put it ? but I might have half a clue.

"What is Hip today might become pass'e" Tower of power 30 years ago........ Good music of any kind will stand the test of time.

Everything seems to have a lable these days. I do not recall what lable was put on the New York Dolls in 71 Except "Oh My God!!"

Im waiting for "Thrash Polka" To make it big. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom