• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Does a switching device such as this exist?

jm55

Well-Known Member
Let's say one wanted to be able to do quick A/B comparisons of preamps with one main power amp, is there some kind of switching unit or rca hub that would allow one to toggle back and forth to bypass all the plugging and unplugging?
 
Register to hide this ad
Any multi selector box such as a niles or TCC should do the trick.

Try searching for:

Niles AXP-1

Or

Technolink TC-716
 
Thanks for the replies. I am just thinking this out loud, but it seems that I might need two of any of those devices to do what I want to do.

I want to be able to have a cd player running into a preamp, and then into a power amp. One of the those boxes will switch to a different preamp, but then the cd player will be connected to the now unswitched preamp. Those boxes have plenty of ins, but only the one out.

Does this make sense? I think I need a second switch bow to control the CD/preamp part.
 
Get y-splitter cables. they take one RCA and make it two. then connect the CDP to both pre's at the same time.
 
Thanks. Is there no concern about connecting devices this way? I am a new at these things, and thus wonder if shorts or grounding issues of some kind are possible.
 
Thanks. Is there no concern about connecting devices this way? I am a new at these things, and thus wonder if shorts or grounding issues of some kind are possible.

:scratch2: Well it should work. Might want to consult a few other people first. I did it with an EQ and my receiver. I had the CD player output split to the EQ and receiver.
 
I have a Psyclone switchbox that I use for this reason, I have two headphone amps and my Maggie hooked up and use a RS SA155 to switch sources. The psyclone is hooked up to the RS for a 3 in and 3 out kinda config. So all 3 sources go to the RS integrated, the tape out goes to the Psyclone "out' (hooked up in a reverse config) and the "in's" go to each amp.

This can be done with any 2 rca switchboxes

http://www.psyclonecables.com/products/index.asp?brandtype=competition&id=1128

The psyclone can be had on the bay for about $20 and has a remote.

This is my workbench set up BTW.
 
Back
Top Bottom