• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Does anyone know about Pioneer turntable springs?

budsthe3

Active Member
I have a Pioneer PL-12D, and have put new foam cushions in for the springs, but the springs are still worn. I found a spring set on eBay for a Pioneer PL-10, I was wondering if anyone here knows if those springs would still work on my PL-12D??? Thanks! :D
 
Register to hide this ad
Maybe look at the service manuals for the turntables on

http://www.vinylengine.com/



I just checked them, for the Pioneer PL-10, they only have the user's manual, but no service manual available. I was going to check the part# for the springs on the PL-10, and if they are the same part# as my PL-12D, then I know they would work. I guess I have to keep searching to find a service manual for the PL-10 :sigh:
 
Not sure what your system set up is, but I removed the springs from my PL 15D and replaced them with solid chrome bolt points (with sorbothane pads on the flat side). Improved the sound tremendously. I am on a concrete floor so vibrations are not an issue. I did a lot of upgrades to my TT - all cheap and easy...Isolate, isolate, isolate. Its the best you can do for your vinyl. Good luck.
 
Not sure what your system set up is, but I removed the springs from my PL 15D and replaced them with solid chrome bolt points (with sorbothane pads on the flat side). Improved the sound tremendously. I am on a concrete floor so vibrations are not an issue. I did a lot of upgrades to my TT - all cheap and easy...Isolate, isolate, isolate. Its the best you can do for your vinyl. Good luck.

hmm,
i think i would like to check out that setup you have and consider doing it to my TT. do you happen to have any pictures?
so you basically used chrome bolts with sorbothane pads on the flat side? would the pads rest against the wooden case, or the underside of the TT?
would you recommend a specific thickness for the sorbothane pads?
 
The Pioneer part mumber for the PL-12 spring assembly is KXA-158.



I know, but i need the part number for the springs for the PL-10, if they are the same numbers as the PL-12D's springs, then they will work with my PL-12D. Problem is, I can't find the service manual anywhere online. Vinylengine's website doesn't even have it. :sigh:
 
Back
Top Bottom