• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Does anyone recognize this transformer?

xbart

Super Member
No markings on it at all, was brand new packed in original sealed plastic.
I'm guessing it is a output transformer, small at about 3"x3"x2"
This was from an estate sale with quite a few tube goodies. Looks Asian maybe Tamura?
I know it is not a lot to go by, any ideas?
-Brad
_DSC5624.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
The pins are distinctive, perhaps they will look familiar to someone. Could be input transformer, interstage, a few different possibilities.
 
It could be a mic transformer also.
I didn't think of that possibility, all of the mic transformers I have come across were smaller and round.
There even a few at the sale that I picked up that were marked and ID'd.

-Brad
 
I had some UTC mic transformers that were rectangular with rounded corners.
I used them at the I put of a single stage preamp using one 6J5 per channel. Mine were like 2"×2" and 3" or more high.
 
Do you have an ohmmeter? LCR meter? First step is to measure windings for resistance, see what's connected to what. Has enough pins for UL push-pull to 4/8/16 Ohms. Next step is to measure the voltage ratio in/out - 60 Hz is fine. Inductance measurement of primary with secondary open and shorted will give an indication of frequency response.
 
Do you have an ohmmeter? LCR meter? First step is to measure windings for resistance, see what's connected to what. Has enough pins for UL push-pull to 4/8/16 Ohms. Next step is to measure the voltage ratio in/out - 60 Hz is fine. Inductance measurement of primary with secondary open and shorted will give an indication of frequency response.
Tom,
I don't plan to use this, maybe offer it up to someone that could. I went ahead and measured resistance. When I have time I'll see about other testing.
Taps 1/2 = 900 Ohms, Taps 3/4 = 32 Ohms, Taps 5/6 = 137 Ohms and Taps 7/8 = 137 Ohms.
-Brad
 
Won't be an output transformer with those values. Perhaps single-ended to balanced line with a feedback winding
 
Back
Top Bottom