• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Douk Audio VU3 PRO Upgrade

Old Driver

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
A lot of us have bought the Douk Audio VU3 PRO. I don’t know about the rest of you but, while I like it, it just looks kinda cheap.
Anyway, an idle mind with leftover walnut veneer, just can leave well enough alone.
Here is a picture of how it looks with a simple cabinet. Big difference! Douk take note
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4115.jpeg
    IMG_4115.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3369.jpeg
    IMG_3369.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 71
Register to hide this ad
Neohipo et30 is "more or less" the same thing:




61wMFf7FGnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg


Pretty much just eye candy if you're not switching amps/speakers. But would turn out pretty close if you were to vinyl woodgrain the sides and tuck it under the end caps.

It's an interesting idea for sure....
 
wry nice veneer job! I have another model of this amp/speaker switcher.
What is the center knob for on yours? Mine has some weight to it and has an aluminum housing.
 

Attachments

  • 20231001_180403.jpg
    20231001_180403.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 21
M
wry nice veneer job! I have another model of this amp/speaker switcher.
What is the center knob for on yours? Mine has some weight to it and has an aluminum housing.
not sure about mine. The center knob appears to be black plastic.
 
M

not sure about mine. The center knob appears to be black plastic.
What does it do? Master gain control for the meters? Mine just has the one know. Yours looks like it has separate controls for each meter. I've thought about putting some better relays inside of mine along with blue LED's.
Mine doesn't change the color of the lighting like yours does.
 
If its like the neohipo (and I doubt theres a lot of differences internally between any of these) the left dial is for “sweep” and the right dial is for “sensitivity”. Basically, how much “bouncy-bouncy” the meters do.

Center is for light color and brightness.
 
I bought the douk vu3 pro and can’t get it sensitive enough to bounce like it should. I have the gain all the way clockwise and have played with the other knob, but I have to blast the house with my marantz 2325 to get the meters to dance properly. I’ve tried it also on my other system, an kenwood ka-6150 with same results.. Anyone else with this issue? Thinking about pulling it apart and figuring out what i can change , but will be lost with out a schematic. DOUK is not responding to my complaint..
 
Last edited:
I bought the douk vu3 pro and can’t get it sensitive enough to bounce like it should. I have the gain all the way clockwise and have played with the other knob, but I have to blast the house with my marantz 2325 to get the meters to dance properly. I’ve tried it also on my other system, an kenwood ka-6150 with same results.. Anyone else with this issue? Thinking about pulling it apart and figuring out what i can change , but will be lost with out a schematic. DOUK is not responding to my complaint..
Are you using the microphone function vs. the inline function? The microphone setting is pretty much useless IMHO. Configured to use inline, the meters works much better.
Also, are you using a streamer box like WiiM or Sonos? If so check the streamer volume vs. the receiver/amplifier volume.
In inline mode, If one is on high volume and the other one low volume it affects the Vu3 meters
 
Are you using the microphone function vs. the inline function? The microphone setting is pretty much useless IMHO. Configured to use inline, the meters works much better.
Also, are you using a streamer box like WiiM or Sonos? If so check the streamer volume vs. the receiver/amplifier volume.
In inline mode, If one is on high volume and the other one low volume it affects the Vu3 meters
No streamer, doing LPs or BT from phone. Using inline, not mic function, as I like to see L R channels separately. What do you mean by your last sentence?
 
No streamer, doing LPs or BT from phone. Using inline, not mic function, as I like to see L R channels separately. What do you mean by your last sentence?
If you were using a streamer with the app volume high and your amplifier volume low, it might cause the Vu meters to not move much.
If you can control the volume from your phone in BT mode, try lowering and raising the volume. Low volume on phone app , high on amp or vise versa.
 
Last edited:
yeah, that's not it, I tried every variation.
thinking now that the sensitivity pot is not working. It has no effect at all. without it, the gain knob only works limited.
 
Interesting this came up today. The right channel on mine went out on speaker one. I switched to speaker two which works fine. Some day I'll take it apart and see if there's a bad solder connection or something.
 
Back
Top Bottom