• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Downstairs small tv midi high-fi system problem ?

ultumax

Super Member
E34D5A6B-EE3E-4BA9-82CC-2D072E619998.jpeg 561264B5-C74E-4CC6-9599-7816A040B4DC.jpeg 23186139-EEB9-47B1-B7E0-E8DDDC436A73.jpeg 720ED6EF-A9F2-4300-9A84-EA64CAF250A3.jpeg B22C98A5-B5E0-4865-B610-0E994F3939B2.jpeg 8F7F7B02-5A24-4A53-AB31-A4D76DBC38B2.jpeg Is it hard to replace broken speaker terminals or add them ? My klipsch maybe too nice to use with this old Sony amplifier .
These are the original speakers and in near mint . Except speaker wire damage ofc..
any help please ?View attachment 1609722View attachment 1609723View attachment 1609724View attachment 1609725


Which of these would work when I get more money ?https://www.parts-express.com/cat/terminal-plates-cups/321
Temporarily I can probably just use speaker wire ? Maybe use a lighter to strip plastic off ???
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Why don't you just use another pair of speakers that you've picked up in your outings versus spending that much money on speaker terminals for those Sony speakers? I wouldn't personally waste the time or the money.
 
So buy some cheap terminals from Parts Express.
Me, I'd buy a half dozen dual-Banana connectors,
attach them to some Zip cord and attach that to the wires inside the speakers,
then leave the connectors hanging out the back and seal up the busted part of the cabinets with some scrap wood.
 
Why don't you just use another pair of speakers that you've picked up in your outings versus spending that much money on speaker terminals for those Sony speakers? I wouldn't personally waste the time or the money.
I have the klipsch hooked up right now, I was considering using the orginal speakers with this system instead as I don’t have a matching klipsch center . My icon center is in my bedroom I’m not moving it to this dinosaur system .
Google this receiver , it’s got higher harmonic distortion then my onkyo 818.

I don’t know if any of my sony speakers are as clear as my klipsch. I’d need an icon or synergy center . And or something similar until then It’s a struggle to run on pro Logic.
I don’t Think the Sony center channel is loud enough.
 
Last edited:
C2E5F4E2-29AB-42FC-945D-A5784C59B6BA.jpeg 2E6A496D-6A64-46A4-B99B-DE20B7FF201B.jpeg 6F851EB4-6CD6-46D2-A1A6-3BEA225D0B34.jpeg
So buy some cheap terminals from Parts Express.
Me, I'd buy a half dozen dual-Banana connectors,
attach them to some Zip cord and attach that to the wires inside the speakers,
then leave the connectors hanging out the back and seal up the busted part of the cabinets with some scrap wood.
These look easy to fix. !do you cut out the particle board? And go deeper to install terminals ?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom