• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DP-15F Worth it for Newbie?

Uncountably

New Member
Hey all, I'm new to the vinyl scene, and I'm looking to get my first TT.

This DP-15F popped up on craigslist in (apparently) good condition for $90:
https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/ele/d/corrales-denon-dp-15f-automatic-quartz/7447380389.html

I've been reading up on these, and they seem like decent turntables, although this model is one of the oldest from the line? I also read that the cartridge in it really matters, and I can't tell from the pictures what cartridge it has.

I'm willing to be patient for something good; I'm in no rush to buy a TT. Is this a good pick for someone new to vinyl?

How should I go about testing the turntable to make sure its in working order if I check it out?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK and to the joy many get from the mystic of vinyl media.

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/denon/dp-15f.shtml
Denon has a sound name in the turntable community and that model seems to be a great entry for you. The price seems good and if it functions as it should, I would get it if you had no other options, regardless of the cartridge at this point. Just take a record you don't care about with you and hope the seller will let you power it up.

Considering its age, your 1st move would be to determine if the needle is worn and needs replace or if you want to try a different cartridge.
 
Back
Top Bottom