• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Drinks For Specific Music

Grainger49

Old Fart
Subscriber
A while back in another forum there was a thread about favorite drinks and recipes for them. I gave mine and the music to listen to while sipping it.

Now I'd like to hear what your favorite combinations of adult beverages and music.

My recipe went like this:

Two fingers of Woodford Reserve, two ice cubes, splash on water and listen to Kind Of Blue.

What is yours?
 
Register to hide this ad
I prefer 90's rock (311, Sublime, Soundgarden, Silverchair, etc) with a cold Becks.
Or I enjoy Singers/Songwriters and Classic Rock (Jim Croce, Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers, etc) with Catawba.
 
I'm not into booze too much, but it is better than a trip to the ghetto for head supplies, but it is what it is...little risk involved. For that reason I stick to Long Island Ice Tea for all booze-laced listening. I prefer a nice Indica, though.
 
I can't drink anymore, due to the diabetes. But when I did, it was Bourbon on the rocks and Frank Sinatra on the Luxman.
 
I can't drink anymore, due to the diabetes. But when I did, it was Bourbon on the rocks and Frank Sinatra on the Luxman.

Another non-drinker here but my issues are with medications.:nono:

However when I was indulging it was Vodka and cranberry with everything I listened to :music::yes: Heavy on the Smirnoff:D

...R1
 
I prefer 90's rock (311, Sublime, Soundgarden, Silverchair, etc) with a cold Becks.
Or I enjoy Singers/Songwriters and Classic Rock (Jim Croce, Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers, etc) with Catawba.

A lot of Jazz doesn't have vocals, M. Davis "wrote" Kind Of Blue. But for singer song writers I prefer the artists of my teens and twenties, 60's and 70's respectively. You probably do too. Ours just might coincide, maybe a 10 year offset.

I'm not into booze too much, but it is better than a trip to the ghetto for head supplies, but it is what it is...little risk involved. For that reason I stick to Long Island Ice Tea for all booze-laced listening. I prefer a nice Indica, though.

Is there a music in there? It could just be my ignorance.

I can't drink anymore, due to the diabetes. But when I did, it was Bourbon on the rocks and Frank Sinatra on the Luxman.

I'm diabetic too. Have been for a dozen years or more. Bourbon has no carbs so it doesn't affect your blood sugar. My A1C, tested last week, is 6.0. I'm saying I have given up all sorts of good stuff, corn, potatoes, desserts but not Bourbon.

Another non-drinker here but my issues are with medications.:nono:

However when I was indulging it was Vodka and cranberry with everything I listened to :music::yes: Heavy on the Smirnoff:D

...R1

I consider that a steady diet.
 
A lot of Jazz doesn't have vocals, M. Davis "wrote" Kind Of Blue. But for singer song writers I prefer the artists of my teens and twenties, 60's and 70's respectively. You probably do too. Ours just might coincide, maybe a 10 year offset.

Musical tastes differ by 10 years perhaps :music:
I'm not quite 30 yet, but up until my late teens I was religiously exposed to classic rock and just all-around great tunes, IMHO. My dad, mom, and stepdad were all big music fanatics so I was able to absorb tons of great older music. As a result, I'm lucky enough to have a strong appreciation for most types of music from that era to modern. I prefer rock, but my personal tastes stretch to both sides of what most would consider to be "rock".. James Taylor to Fitz & The Tantrums; I'm all over the map I guess.

But, music is music. For me, it used to be the meaning of the words and the likeability of the melody.. Now it's those things along with accurate sound reproduction - and the hobby just keeps getting better (and more expensive).

Cheers,
Don
 
Sorry my assumption was that you knew that Stevie would be SRV, but why I would make that assumption is beyond me.
 
Even though I am a fan of SRV, he didn't come to mind. I couldn't really think of anyone else but Nicks and Wonder that day.
 
Back
Top Bottom