• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Drop-in replacement for Nova-8 4 ohm tweeter?

Wigwam Jones

Caesar non supra grammati
Got a pair of dead tweeters in my Nova-8 speakers (not Nova-8B). These are the 0705Ac 4-ohm tweeters that are in some Nova-8 and some Optimus-5 speakers. I just did a stock recap on the speakers; so I'm looking for a drop-in replacement for these tweeters. Something about the same physical dimensions and the same specs/impedance would be great.

Any suggestions?
 
Register to hide this ad
It will sound pretty good, assuming that it was fairly closely modeled on the CTS phenolic ring tweeter (which PE claims it to have been).
 
It's funny this came up today. I was just looking at the 8 ohm version of this tweeter for my DLK's. Folks seem to be happy with that one so I imagine the 4 ohm would be fine and it is clearance priced it looks like. The 8 ohm is about $10 more.
 
Back
Top Bottom